NBFE is a 501(C) (3) Nonprofit Public Charity
BECOME A CERTIFIED FORENSIC MENTAL HEALTH EVALUATOR
Become Professionally Recognized
and Nationally Credentialed
NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider.
APA approved to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
Recognized and endorsed by AMHCA.
The mission of NBFE is to elevate the practice of forensic mental health evaluations. NBFE strives to ensure that highest level of standards are developed, maintained, and practiced by our members. We believe that such standards better inform the court system, promoting the welfare and protection of the American public.
NBFE accomplishes this mission through two goals:
To provide quality training, education, and consultation for mental health professionals practicing forensic mental health evaluation. This is accomplished through
- a rigorous certification program inclusive of the vetting of applicants and the administration of written and oral examination,
- a continuing education program consisting of live events, homestudies, and “on-demand” webinars, and
- publications developed and disseminated by a highly specialized team of trained forensic mental health professionals.
To expand community access to forensic evaluation by advocating for fair and equal access to psychological testing and evaluation for all licensed mental health professions (i.e., counselors, marriage and family therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, and psychiatric nurse practitioners). This accomplished by
- developing partnerships with professional associations,
- providing forensic mental health-related technical consultation to professional associations,
- educating legislators on issues related to forensic mental health; and
- publishing and updating analysis papers on testing qualifications.
Click here to review our certification requirements. Click here to contact us.